Fort Worth Surface Drain Installations
Drainage Services in San Antonio & Surrounding Areas
When water pools around the foundation of your home, it can seep into the soil, causing thousands of pounds of hydrostatic pressure to be placed on and around your foundation. This can result in serious problems, including soil erosion, foundation damage, and structural damage. To protect your home, turn to the drainage service experts at G.L. Hunt Foundation Repair. We offer a variety of drainage solutions—including surface drains—guaranteed to protect the foundation of your home and prevent serious damage down the line. Backed by 30+ years of service excellence, you can count on our team to repair any existing damage to your home and provide a perfect surface drain installation to protect it in the future.
Call (817) 438-2052 for surface drain installations in Fort Worth.
What Are Surface Drains?
Surface drains are canals built into the ground to redirect runoff water (often accumulated by irrigation, rain, or snow thawing) away from your home to prevent flooding and extreme soil saturation. These types of drains are often installed on flat properties, which are prone to flooding. Surface drains are essentially trenches dug into the earth. At G.L. Hunt Foundation Repair, our surface drains are either 9-inch by 9-inch or 12-inch by 12-inch concrete drainage channels that are fitted with flexible PVC pipes designed to quickly move water away from the home before it has a chance to saturate the soil.
What Is the Difference Between Surface Drains & French Drains?
While French drains are designed to absorb and drain excess water from the soil beneath the ground, surface drains are designed to drain water from the surface of the ground. Surface drains remove excess water before it has a chance to saturate the soil and cause foundation damage.
Benefits of Surface Drains
Many homeowners in the area take advantage of surface drains because they provide a variety of benefits.
Some of the greatest advantages of surface drains include:
- They prevent water accumulation: Heavy rains bring excess water, which can destroy your yard and put a lot of pressure on your foundation. Surface drains prevent these issues by removing water before it has a chance to cause damage.
- They reduce soil erosion: With heavy rains, the nutrient-dense soil your landscape relies on can be washed away. This makes it much more difficult for grasses and plants to grow and remain healthy. Soil erosion is significantly reduced with the installation of surface drains that carry excess water away before it destroys your soil.
- They protect your home from toxic materials: During flash floods, it is not uncommon for toxic materials to be swept up into the water. This contaminated water then often travels and ends up in places like your yard. Surface drains work to protect your home by immediately removing contaminated water from your yard.
Sump Pump Installation & Replacement
To ensure all water is effectively moved away from the foundation of your home in the event of a flood, G.L. Hunt Foundation Repair offers sump pump installation and replacement services. Sump pumps are installed in the basement or crawl space of your home to remove any water that enters during a flood. Once water is removed from your basement, it is transferred to your yard. With surface drains installed, the water drained by your sump pump will be further directed away from your home, providing you with the ultimate protection against floodwater.
Call G.L. Hunt Foundation Repair Today!
Since opening our doors in 1987, G.L. Hunt Foundation Repair has remained committed to protecting your home and making your life easier. Each member of our team has undergone extensive training and is equipped with state-of-the-art tools and technology, which enable us to always get the job done right the first time around. If you are tired of your yard being destroyed by excessive rain, flash floods, and other sources of excessive water, turn to us for surface drain installation in Fort Worth.
With G.L. Hunt Foundation Repair on your side, you can expect:
- Free foundation inspections
- Flexible financing options
- Same-day service
- Lifetime warranties
Don’t settle for anything less than the spectacular service you deserve.