The foundation is probably the least exciting part of your home. After all, there are plenty of attractive things to focus on like making your bedroom an inviting haven, bringing your kitchen to life, and investing in your bathroom to achieve an ultimate relaxation experience after a long day at work. However, what you may not know is that your home’s foundation deserves the highest focus, and investing in it is one of the easiest ways to increase your home’s value.
Whether you are a buyer or a seller who just discovered a foundation issue during an inspection, here is what you should know about foundations and foundation repair.
What Is The Importance Of A Solid Foundation?
According to construction experts, a deep and strong foundation is a very critical element of a building and plays three major roles in the construction of a building structure.
- Providing support- A foundation that is built to the very best standards provides proper support to keep a structure. A foundation also provides support on soil that may be lacking its inherent structural support.
- Protecting the structure from calamities– If you are in an area prone to natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes, a strong foundation that meets all safety standards will protect you during a disaster.
- Keeping the ground moisture from weakening the structure- Foundations act like foundation boats that float on water tables and prevent water and moisture from seeping in and weaken the building.
What Are Some Signs Of Foundation Damage?
Foundation issues can lead to more problems if not addressed. It is, therefore, important to ensure you know all signs of foundation damage before you buy or sell a house. Below are some indicators of potential foundation problems.
- Signs of water or wetness in the basement or around the perimeters of your home
- Cracked drywall
- Large gaps or ruptures between walls and the ceiling
- Jamming doors
- Cracks in the exterior concrete
- Windows that used to open and close suddenly begin to stick
- Hairlines and cracks at an L-shaped section
- Stair-step cracks in the joints
Ensure you check outside to see if your foundation is straight. A bulge or curve on your foundation could signal that your foundation has shifted, and you should do something about it. You should also examine your concrete to see if there is a sign of weakness. Never ignore a foundation issue since such issues mean that the future of your home is uncertain.
Can Foundation Issues Be Resolved?
Yes! Foundation issues can be resolved. Don’t just sit and wait for seasonal and climatic disasters to further damage your foundation. Call our certified technicians to help you save your house before the problem gets worse. Our experts are knowledgeable and have years of experience in foundation repair. We welcome the opportunity to discuss our portfolios, products, and services and ideas on how we can you solve your foundation problems.
Can You Sell A House With Foundation Issues?
As a seller, your goal is to ensure you get the highest possible price for your house. To achieve this, you need to make sure you deal with all structural problems before you invite potential buyers. Ensure all the foundation errors are solved because this will significantly increase the value of the house. Foundation problems are easy to repair, and we can do it for you at a reasonable price.
Should I Buy A House With Foundation Problems?
Yes, you can. If you love the house, foundation issues should not stop you from buying it. However, you should be careful and ensure you examine and identify all the foundation issues and see if they are repairable or not. A salesperson will say anything to convince you to buy the house. They will tell you the foundation is in good shape even when it’s not. Do not take their word for it. If you can’t tell if a foundation is good or not, you can call our technicians, and they will help you identify all foundation issues and advise you on whether they can be repaired or not.
It’s true that normal settling can cause foundation cracks. But don’t be too quick to jump to conclusions. If you identify a foundation error, ensure you have it solved as quickly as possible. If you notice signs of foundation trouble, stay on top of the problem and contact G.L.Hunt for a free estimate. We offer quality and reliable foundation repairs in San Antonio, Dallas foundation repair, and Fort Worth foundation repair services with a commitment to customer service and a job done right.